Isleworth & Syon School - Trustee (Brunel staff only)
Details of the Charity:Share this
Isleworth & Syon School is a secondary school for boys aged 11 to 18 years with top-class facilities, a broad and diverse program of extra-curricular activities, and an outstanding pastoral system. The organisation is committed to providing educational opportunities for students, irrespective of race, cultural background, religion, or gender, welcoming girls in the Sixth Form, either as part of the consortium or as external applicants.
Details of the Volunteering Opportunity:
In this role, you will provide strategic leadership and ensure accountability in Isleworth and Syon Schools. You will ensure that it is solvent, well-run, and deliver charitable outcomes for the benefit of the public. As a Trustee volunteer, you will learn a set of skills such as governance expertise, financial literacy, strategic thinking, risk management and ethical decision making.
Typical duties include:
- Setting policies and targets and monitoring school`s progress toward its aims and objectives
- Appointing and performance reviewing the Headteacher and senior leaders
- Managing budgets and acting in the best interest of the beneficiaries
- Addressing a range of education issues within the school, including disadvantaged students, students with special needs, staff workload and teacher recruitment
Please note, this organisation requires a minimum 12 months commitment.
- Volunteering Hours to go towards the Brunel Volunteers Award
- Volunteering achievement recognised on your HEAR Transcript