Psychology Undergraduate Programme Lead
I joined Brunel University London in January 2018. Previously, I worked as a Post-doctorate Research Fellow and Teaching Associate at the School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences, University of Reading; and as a Research Fellow in Allied Health Research at the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton. In 2013, I took up a Lectureship in Health Psychology at the Department of Psychology, Social Work and Public Health, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University. In 2015, I joined the Department of Psychology, School of Health & Social Sciences, Buckinghamshire New University as a Senior Lecturer in Psychology.
Currently, I am a Senior Lecturer (Education) in Psychology in the Division of Psychology, Department of Life Sciences, College of Health and Life Sciences.
- Licenciate [Licenciatura] in Psychology, specialising in Psychotherapy and Counselling - University of Lisbon [Universidade de Lisboa], Portugal
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (PCTHE) - Oxford Brookes University
- MSc in Research Methods in Psychology - University of Reading
- PhD in Psychology - University of Reading
- Department Senior Tutor (Department of Life Sciences)
- Undergraduate Programme Lead (Psychology)
- Psychology Teaching Exercise Framework (TEF) Coordinator
- British Psychological Society (BPS) Accreditation Liaison
- Psychology National Student Survey (NSS) Champion
- Psychology Peer-Assisted Learning (PAL) Coordinator
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Recognised Programme Developer (RPD)
- Member of the Brunel Academy for the Transformation of Teaching Steering Committee
- Fellow of the Brunel Academy for the Transformation of Teaching
- Mental Health First Aider
Newest selected publications
Howcutt, SJ., Barnett, AL., Barbosa-Boucas, S. and Smith, LA. (2018) 'Patterns of response by sociodemographic characteristics and recruitment methods for women in UK population surveys and cohort studies'. Women and Health, 58 (4). pp. 365 - 386. ISSN: 0363-0242
Howcutt, SJ., Barnett, AL., Barbosa-Boucas, S. and Smith, LA. (2018) 'Research recruitment: A marketing framework to improve sample representativeness in health research'. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 74 (4). pp. 968 - 975. ISSN: 0309-2402
Lamport, DJ., Pal, D., Macready, AL., Barbosa-Boucas, S., Fletcher, JM., Williams, CM., (2016) 'The effects of flavanone-rich citrus juice on cognitive function and cerebral blood flow: An acute, randomised, placebo-controlled cross-over trial in healthy, young adults'. British Journal of Nutrition, 116 (12). pp. 2160 - 2168. ISSN: 0007-1145et al.
Hughes, AM., Bouças, SB., Burridge, JH., Alt Murphy, M., Buurke, J., Feys, P., (2016) 'Evaluation of upper extremity neurorehabilitation using technology: A European Delphi consensus study within the EU COST Action Network on Robotics for Neurorehabilitation'. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 13 (1). pp. 86. ISSN: 1743-0003 Open Access Linket al.
Jones, LE., White, P., Donovan-Hall, M., Hislop, K., Bouças, SB. and Adams, J. (2013) 'The thoughts and feelings held by clinicians about the delivery of a placebo thumb splint in an osteoarthritis rehabilitation trial'. Hand Therapy, 18 (3). pp. 77 - 83. ISSN: 1758-9983