Our Summer English Courses for University Students aim to equip you with the English skills necessary for success. As well as improving your English for General Purposes, you will also have the opportunity to develop your English for IELTS.
What we offer:
Expertly-taught English Language classes for adults studying General English and English for IELTS in a mature, scholastic environment.
- We deliver the tools for you to improve your general English for everyday social situations and academic English for IELTS.
- We offer a free, weekly activities programme, including day trips to interesting cities, sports activities, and visits to museums, theatres, law courts, media broadcasters and sports venues, such as Wimbledon.
- You have access to all that Brunel has to offer, including state-of-the-art teaching and sports facilities, library, hotel and student accommodation, shops, cafés, bars and canteens.
- Minimum age 17, maximum class size 14 (normally 12), study 19 hours a week.
- Free airport pick-up, on-campus accommodation.
This course focuses on improving your academic English skills. Classes will include modules on:
- Everyday English
- Grammar and Vocabulary
- Reading and Writing
- Discussion and Presentation Skills
- English for IELTS
Participants can choose whether or not they undertake an assessment and in which areas of English they wish to be assessed. Participants who choose to be assessed will receive a formal certificate stating the level of English they have achieved in the areas they have been assessed.
Assessment can be continuous throughout the course and/or based on coursework or a test.
Progression onto Future Studies
To progress onto an academic course at Brunel you will need to pass the required BrunELT score to meet the language requirements for your academic programme. You will usually not need to take any other English Test.
To apply for English for University Students, you should:
- notify us of which qualification you currently have (eg School certificate, IELTS or Duolingo, etc) or take a short placement test.
You can Apply online here (Please note the minimum age for all our courses is 17).
If you need additional individual support at your convenience at any other time of the year, you can book online English classes with us.
£90 per hour at any time of year. For more information and to apply, please click here.
Full-time (19 hours) £400 per week
Start dates for Group Lessons, 2023:
||Mon 3rd July (2 or 4 weeks)
||Mon 17th July (2 or 4 weeks)
||Mon 31st July (2 or 4 weeks)
||Mon 14th August (2 weeks only)
Summer Courses for University Students