Cherry is a Reader in Physiotherapy, and pathway lead for the ACP MSc Neurorehabilitation in the Department of Health Sciences. Cherry is an active proponent of developing capacity and capability for allied health professional clinical research. Cherry is the Director of Research for Brunel Partners Academic Centre for Health Sciences (BPACHS) and the Lead Allied Health Professional for Clinical Research at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, where she previously worked as a senior manager and specialist physiotherapist in neurology. Cherry is an active researcher in the field of neurological rehabilitation, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy.
PhD MSc FCSP PGCert (LTHE), FHEA
Internal Committee Responsibilities:
- Academic misconduct and professional suitability panel member
- Data Protection Champion
Pathway lead for ACP MSc Neurorehabilitation
· Personal tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students,
- Member of the scientific panel of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- London Hub Research Facilitator Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR)
- Founding member of International Neurology Physical Therapy Association (INPA), a sub group of the World Confederation of Physical Therapists
- Former lead national physiotherapist on Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party at Royal College of Physicians London
Journal Peer Review
- Physiotherapy Research International
- Educational Action Research
- Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Ageing & Society
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- BMC Health Services Research
- The Stroke Association
- MS Society
Stroke, neurorehabilitation, evidence based practice, evaluation of clinical interventions in neurology, cerebral palsy
Newest selected publications
Ryan, J., Lavelle, G., Theis, N., Kilbride, C. and Noorkoiv, M. (2021) 'Patterns of health service use among young people with cerebral palsy in England'. Frontiers in Neurology, 12. pp. 1 - 12. ISSN: 1664-2295 Open Access Link
Norris, M., Fortune, J., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., Hendrie, W., (2021) 'Patterns and Correlates of Sedentary Behaviour among people with Multiple Sclerosis: A Cross-Sectional Study'. Scientific Reports. ISSN: 2045-2322et al.
Pettican, A., Speed, E., Kilbride, C., Bryant, W. and Beresford, P. (2021) 'An occupational justice perspective on playing football and living with mental distress'. Journal of Occupational Science, In press (1). pp. 1 - 14. ISSN: 1442-7591 Open Access Link
Ryan, JM., Lavelle, G., Theis, N., Noorkoiv, M., Kilbride, C., Korff, T., (2020) 'Progressive resistance training for adolescents with cerebral palsy: the STAR randomized controlled trial'. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 62 (11). pp. 1283 - 1293. ISSN: 0012-1622 Open Access Linket al.
Fortune, J., Norris, M., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., Victor, C., (2020) 'Pedometers, the frustrating motivators: A qualitative investigation of users’ experiences of the Yamax SW-200 among people with multiple sclerosis'. Disability and Rehabilitation. pp. 1 - 7. ISSN: 0963-8288 Open Access Linket al.