Cherry is a Reader in Physiotherapy, and pathway lead for the ACP MSc Neurorehabilitation in the Department of Health Sciences. Cherry is an active proponent of developing capacity and capability for allied health professional clinical research. Cherry is the Director of Research for Brunel Partners Academic Centre for Health Sciences (BPACHS) and the Lead Allied Health Professional for Clinical Research at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, where she previously worked as a senior manager and specialist physiotherapist in neurology. Cherry is an active researcher in the field of neurological rehabilitation, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy.
PhD MSc FCSP PGCert (LTHE), FHEA
Internal Committee Responsibilities:
- Academic misconduct and professional suitability panel member
- Data Protection Champion
Pathway lead for ACP MSc Neurorehabilitation
· Personal tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students,
- Member of the scientific panel of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- London Hub Research Facilitator Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR)
- Founding member of International Neurology Physical Therapy Association (INPA), a sub group of the World Confederation of Physical Therapists
- Former lead national physiotherapist on Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party at Royal College of Physicians London
Journal Peer Review
- Physiotherapy Research International
- Educational Action Research
- Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Ageing & Society
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- BMC Health Services Research
- The Stroke Association
- MS Society
Stroke, neurorehabilitation, evidence based practice, evaluation of clinical interventions in neurology, cerebral palsy
Newest selected publications
Norris, M., Lavelle, G., Flemming, J., Bradley, J., Harper, J., Johnston, H., (2021) 'Validity and acceptability of wearable devices for monitoring step-count and activity minutes among people with multiple sclerosis'. Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences, 0 (in press).Open Access Linket al.
Fortune, J., Norris, M., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., Hendrie, W., (2021) 'Correlates of objectively measured physical activity among people with multiple sclerosis: A Cross-Sectional Study'. Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences, 0 (in press).Open Access Linket al.
Fortune, J., Norris, M., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., Hendrie, W., (2021) 'Patterns and Correlates of Sedentary Behaviour among people with Multiple Sclerosis: A Cross-Sectional Study'. Scientific Reports, 11 (1). pp. 1 - 10. ISSN: 2045-2322 Open Access Linket al.
Ryan, J., Lavelle, G., Theis, N., Kilbride, C. and Noorkoiv, M. (2021) 'Patterns of health service use among young people with cerebral palsy in England'. Frontiers in Neurology, 12. pp. 1 - 12. ISSN: 1664-2295 Open Access Link
Pettican, A., Speed, E., Kilbride, C., Bryant, W. and Beresford, P. (2021) 'An occupational justice perspective on playing football and living with mental distress'. Journal of Occupational Science, In press (1). pp. 1 - 14. ISSN: 1442-7591 Open Access Link