Dr Cherry Kilbride
Senior Lecturer / Programme Leader MSc Neurorehabilitation
SummaryCherry is a Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy, programme lead for MSc Neurorehabilitation and the Director of Research in the Department of Clinical Sciences. Cherry is also the Lead Allied Health Professional for Clinical Research at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, where she previously worked as a specialist physiotherapist in neurology. Cherry is an active researcher in the field of neurological rehabilitation, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy.
PhD MSc FCSP PGCert (LTHE), FHEA
Internal Committee Responsibilities:
- Department Director (research)
Programme leader for MSc Neurorehabilitation
· Personal tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students,
· Clinical visiting
- Member of the scientific panel of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- CSP representative on the scientific panel of the MS Society
- London Hub Research Facilitator Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR)
- Founding member of International Neurology Physical Therapy Association (INPA), a sub group of the World Confederation of Physical Therapists
- Former lead national physiotherapist on Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party at Royal College of Physicians London
Journal Peer Review
- Physiotherapy Research International
- Educational Action Research
- Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Ageing & Society
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- BMC Health Services Research
- The Stroke Association
- MS Society
Stroke, neurorehabilitation, evidence based practice, evaluation of clinical interventions in neurology, cerebral palsy
Newest selected publications
Noorkoiv, M., Lavelle, G., Theis, N., Korff, T., Kilbride, C., Baltzopoulos, V., (2019) 'Predictors of walking efficiency in children with cerebral palsy: lower body joint angles, moment and power'. Physical Therapy, 99 (6). pp. 711 - 720. ISSN: 0031-9023 Open Access Linket al.
Du, X., Mikov, N., Mohagheghi, A., Kilbride, C., Norris, M. and Brett, P. (2019) 'A tactile sensing approach in stroke rehabilitation'. Mechatronics, 59. pp. 213 - 220. ISSN: 0957-4158 Open Access Link
Kilbride, C., Scott, D., Butcher, T., Norris, M., Ryan, J., Anokye, N., (2018) 'Rehabilitation via HOMe Based gaming exercise for the Upper-limb post Stroke (RHOMBUS): protocol of an intervention feasibility trial'. BMJ Open, 8 (11). pp. e026620 - e026620. ISSN: 2044-6055 Open Access Linket al.
Warland, A., Paraskevopoulos, I., Tsekleves, E., Ryan, J., Nowicky, A., Griscti, J., (2018) 'The feasibility, acceptability and preliminary efficacy of a low-cost, virtual-reality based, upper-limb stroke rehabilitation device: a mixed methods study'. Disability and Rehabilitation, 41 (18). pp. 1 - 16. ISSN: 0963-8288 Open Access Linket al.
Mansell, SK., Cutts, S., Hackney, I., Wood, MJ., Hawksworth, K., Creer, DD., (2018) 'Using domiciliary non-invasive ventilator data downloads to inform clinical decision-making to optimise ventilation delivery and patient compliance'. BMJ Open Respiratory Research, 5 (1). pp. e000238 - e000238. ISSN: 2052-4439 Open Access Linket al.