Dr Cherry Kilbride
Reader / Programme Leader MSc Neurorehabilitation
SummaryCherry is a Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy, programme lead for MSc Neurorehabilitation and the Director of Research in the Department of Clinical Sciences. Cherry is also the Lead Allied Health Professional for Clinical Research at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, where she previously worked as a specialist physiotherapist in neurology. Cherry is an active researcher in the field of neurological rehabilitation, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy.
PhD MSc FCSP PGCert (LTHE), FHEA
Internal Committee Responsibilities:
- Department Director (research)
Programme leader for MSc Neurorehabilitation
· Personal tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students,
· Clinical visiting
- Member of the scientific panel of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- CSP representative on the scientific panel of the MS Society
- London Hub Research Facilitator Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR)
- Founding member of International Neurology Physical Therapy Association (INPA), a sub group of the World Confederation of Physical Therapists
- Former lead national physiotherapist on Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party at Royal College of Physicians London
Journal Peer Review
- Physiotherapy Research International
- Educational Action Research
- Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Ageing & Society
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- BMC Health Services Research
- The Stroke Association
- MS Society
Stroke, neurorehabilitation, evidence based practice, evaluation of clinical interventions in neurology, cerebral palsy
Newest selected publications
Ryan, JM., Lavelle, G., Theis, N., Noorkoiv, M., Kilbride, C., Korff, T., (2020) 'Progressive resistance training for adolescents with cerebral palsy: the STAR randomized controlled trial'. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, 62 (11). pp. 1283 - 1293. ISSN: 0012-1622 Open Access Linket al.
Fortune, J., Norris, M., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., Victor, C., (2020) 'Pedometers, the frustrating motivators: A qualitative investigation of users’ experiences of the Yamax SW-200 among people with multiple sclerosis'. Disability and Rehabilitation. pp. 1 - 7. ISSN: 0963-8288 Open Access Linket al.
Pettican, A., Speed, E., Kilbride, C., Bryant, W. and Beresford, P. (2020) 'An occupational justice perspective on playing football and living with mental distress'. Journal of Occupational Science. ISSN: 1442-7591 Open Access Link
Mansell, SK., Kilbride, C., Wood, MJ., Gowing, F. and Mandal, S. (2020) 'The experiences and views of patients, carers' and health care professionals on using modems in domiciliary non-invasive ventilation (NIV): a qualitative study.'. BMJ Open Respiratory Research, 7 (1). pp. e000510 - e000510. ISSN: 2052-4439 Open Access Link
Norris, M., Fortune, J., Ryan, J., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., (2020) '“I can do this”: a qualitative exploration of acceptability and experiences of a physical activity behaviour change intervention in people with multiple sclerosis in the UK'. BMJ Open, 10 (3). pp. e029831 - e029831. ISSN: 2044-6055 Open Access Linket al.