Professor Cherry Kilbride
Professor / Programme Leader MSc Neurorehabilitation
Mary Seacole 3rd Floor - Bay 43
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 268675
- Physiotherapy and Physician Associate
- Department of Health Sciences
- College of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
Cherry is a Reader in Physiotherapy, and pathway lead for the ACP MSc Neurorehabilitation in the Department of Health Sciences. Cherry is an active proponent of developing capacity and capability for allied health professional clinical research. Cherry is the Director of Research for Brunel Partners Academic Centre for Health Sciences (BPACHS) and the Lead Allied Health Professional for Clinical Research at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, where she previously worked as a senior manager and specialist physiotherapist in neurology. Cherry is an active researcher in the field of neurological rehabilitation, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy.
PhD MSc FCSP PGCert (LTHE), FHEA
Internal Committee Responsibilities:
- Academic misconduct and professional suitability panel member
- Data Protection Champion
Pathway lead for ACP MSc Neurorehabilitation
· Personal tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students,
- Member of the scientific panel of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- London Hub Research Facilitator Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR)
- Founding member of International Neurology Physical Therapy Association (INPA), a sub group of the World Confederation of Physical Therapists
- Former lead national physiotherapist on Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party at Royal College of Physicians London
Journal Peer Review
- Physiotherapy Research International
- Educational Action Research
- Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Ageing & Society
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- BMC Health Services Research
- The Stroke Association
- MS Society
Stroke, neurorehabilitation, evidence based practice, evaluation of clinical interventions in neurology, cerebral palsy
Newest selected publications
Bailey, DP., Kilbride, C., Harper, JH., Victor, C., Brierley, ML., Hewson, DJ. and (2023) 'The Frail-LESS (LEss Sitting and Sarcopenia in Frail older adults) intervention to improve sarcopenia and maintain independent living via reductions in prolonged sitting: A randomised controlled feasibility trial protocol'. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 9 (1). pp. 1 - 12. ISSN: 2055-5784 Open Access Linket al.
Ryan, JM., Albairami, F., Hamilton, T., Cope, N., Amirmudin, NA., Manikandan, M., (2023) 'Prevalence and incidence of chronic conditions among adults with cerebral palsy: A systematic review and meta-analysis'. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. ISSN: 0012-1622et al.
Ryan, J., Kerr, C., Kilbride, C. and Norris, M. (2022) 'Editorial: Exploring physical activity and sedentary behaviour in physical disability'. Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences, 3. pp. 1 - 3. ISSN: 2673-6861 Open Access Link
Manikandan, M., Cassidy, E., Cook, G., Kilbride, C., Kerr, C., Walsh, A., (2022) 'Access, use and satisfaction with physiotherapy services among adults with cerebral palsy living in the United Kingdom and Ireland'. Disability and Rehabilitation, 0 (in press). pp. 1 - 9. ISSN: 0963-8288 Open Access Linket al.
Kilbride, C., Warland, A., Stewart, V., Aweid, B., Samiyappan, A., Ryan, J., (2022) 'Rehabilitation using virtual gaming for Hospital and hOMe-Based training for the Upper limb post Stroke (RHOMBUS II): protocol of a feasibility randomised controlled trial'. BMJ Open, 12 (6). pp. 1 - 9. ISSN: 2044-6055 Open Access Linket al.