Dr Cherry Kilbride
Reader / Programme Leader MSc Neurorehabilitation
SummaryCherry is a Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy, programme lead for MSc Neurorehabilitation and the Director of Research in the Department of Clinical Sciences. Cherry is also the Lead Allied Health Professional for Clinical Research at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, where she previously worked as a specialist physiotherapist in neurology. Cherry is an active researcher in the field of neurological rehabilitation, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy.
PhD MSc FCSP PGCert (LTHE), FHEA
Internal Committee Responsibilities:
- Department Director (research)
Programme leader for MSc Neurorehabilitation
· Personal tutor for undergraduate and postgraduate students,
· Clinical visiting
- Member of the scientific panel of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- CSP representative on the scientific panel of the MS Society
- London Hub Research Facilitator Council for Allied Health Professions Research (CAHPR)
- Founding member of International Neurology Physical Therapy Association (INPA), a sub group of the World Confederation of Physical Therapists
- Former lead national physiotherapist on Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party at Royal College of Physicians London
Journal Peer Review
- Physiotherapy Research International
- Educational Action Research
- Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Ageing & Society
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- BMC Health Services Research
- The Stroke Association
- MS Society
Stroke, neurorehabilitation, evidence based practice, evaluation of clinical interventions in neurology, cerebral palsy
Newest selected publications
Ryan, JM., Fortune, J., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., Hendrie, W., (2019) 'Safety, feasibility, acceptability and effects of a behaviour-change intervention to change physical activity behaviour among people with multiple sclerosis: results from the iStep-MS randomised controlled trial.'. Multiple Sclerosis. pp. 135245851988623 - 135245851988623. ISSN: 1352-4585 Open Access Linket al.
Lavelle, G., Noorkoiv, M., Theis, N., Korff, T., Kilbride, C., Baltzopoulos, V., (2019) 'Validity of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire Short Form (IPAQ-SF) as a measure of physical activity (PA) in young people with cerebral palsy'. Physiotherapy. pp. 1 - 20. ISSN: 0031-9406 Open Access Linket al.
Norris, M., Fortune, J., Ryan, J., Stennett, A., Kilbride, C., Lavelle, G., (2019) '“I can do this”: a qualitative exploration of acceptability and experiences of a physical activity behaviour change intervention in people with multiple sclerosis in the UK'. BMJ Open. ISSN: 2044-6055 Open Access Linket al.
Noorkoiv, M., Lavelle, G., Theis, N., Korff, T., Kilbride, C., Baltzopoulos, V., (2019) 'Predictors of walking efficiency in children with cerebral palsy: lower body joint angles, moment and power'. Physical Therapy, 99 (6). pp. 711 - 720. ISSN: 0031-9023 Open Access Linket al.
Du, X., Mikov, N., Mohagheghi, A., Kilbride, C., Norris, M. and Brett, P. (2019) 'A tactile sensing approach in stroke rehabilitation'. Mechatronics, 59. pp. 213 - 220. ISSN: 0957-4158 Open Access Link