Dr Maysam Abbod
Howell Building 221
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 267061
Dr Maysam F. Abbod (MIET, CEng, SMIEEE, SFHEA) He received BSc degree in Electrical Engineering fromUniversity of Technology in 1987. PhD in Control Engineering fromUniversity ofSheffield in 1992. From 1993 to 2006 he was with the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering at theUniversity of Sheffield as a research associate and senior research fellow
MIET, SMIEEE, CEng, SFHEA
- November 2001 Modelling of DNA mismatch repair expression and microsatellite instability in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sheffield.
- August 2000 Model-based data-mining from chromium process production information for London and Scandinavian Metallurgical Co Ltd.
- July 1999 Developments of a neuro-fuzzy tool for hardness estimation of quenched steel rolls, Forgemasters Rolls, Sheffield.
- March - April 1996 Development of a fuzzy logic tool for estimation of electric load on national grid. EA Technology, Chester.
Newest selected publications
Ala’raj, M., Abbod, MF. and Majdalawieh, M. (2021) 'Modelling customers credit card behaviour using bidirectional LSTM neural networks'. Journal of Big Data, 8 (1). pp. 69 - 69.
Roy Chowdhury, M., Madanu, R., Abbod, MF., Fan, SZ. and Shieh, JS. (2021) 'Deep learning via ECG and PPG signals for prediction of depth of anesthesia'. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 68. pp. 102663 - 102663. ISSN: 1746-8094
Madanu, R., Rahman, F., Abbod, MF., Fan, S-Z. and Shieh, J-S. (2021) 'Depth of anesthesia prediction via EEG signals using convolutional neural network and ensemble empirical mode decomposition'. Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, 18 (5). pp. 5047 - 5068. ISSN: 1551-0018 Open Access Link
Adibhatla, VA., Chih, H-C., Hsu, C-C., Cheng, J., Abbod, MF. and Shieh, J-S. (2021) 'Applying deep learning to defect detection in printed circuit boards via a newest model of you-only-look-once'. Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, 18 (4). pp. 4411 - 4428. ISSN: 1551-0018 Open Access Link
Nyanteh, AO., Li, M., Abbod, MF. and Al-Raweshidy, HS. (2021) 'CloudSimHypervisor: Modeling and Simulating Network Slicing in Software-Defined Cloud Networks'. IEEE Access, 9. pp. 72484 - 72498. ISSN: 2169-3536 Open Access Link