Dr Maysam Abbod
Howell Building 221
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 267061
Dr Maysam F. Abbod (MIET, CEng, SMIEEE, SFHEA) He received BSc degree in Electrical Engineering fromUniversity of Technology in 1987. PhD in Control Engineering fromUniversity ofSheffield in 1992. From 1993 to 2006 he was with the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering at theUniversity of Sheffield as a research associate and senior research fellow
MIET, SMIEEE, CEng, SFHEA
- November 2001 Modelling of DNA mismatch repair expression and microsatellite instability in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sheffield.
- August 2000 Model-based data-mining from chromium process production information for London and Scandinavian Metallurgical Co Ltd.
- July 1999 Developments of a neuro-fuzzy tool for hardness estimation of quenched steel rolls, Forgemasters Rolls, Sheffield.
- March - April 1996 Development of a fuzzy logic tool for estimation of electric load on national grid. EA Technology, Chester.
Newest selected publications
Chen, J., Abbod, M. and Shieh, J-S. (2021) 'Pain and Stress Detection Using Wearable Sensors and Devices—A Review'. Sensors, 21 (4). pp. 1 - 18. ISSN: 1424-8220 Open Access Link
Mecheter, I., Amira, A., Abbod, M. and Zaidi, H. (2021) 'Deep Learning based Segmentation for Multi MR Imaging Protocols using Transfer Learning for PET Attenuation Correction.'.2020 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI). Canberra, Australia. 5 - 4 November. IEEE. pp. 2516 - 2520.Open Access Link
Abbod, M. and Shieh, J-S. (2020) 'Special Issue "Advanced Signal Processing in Intelligent Systems for Health Monitoring".'. Sensors, 19. pp. 4727 - 4727. ISSN: 1424-8220 Open Access Link
Mathunjwa, BM., Lin, Y-T., Lin, C-H., Abbod, M. and Shieh, J-S. (2020) 'ECG arrhythmia classification by using a recurrence plot and convolutional neural network'. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 64. pp. 102262 - 102262. ISSN: 1746-8094 Open Access Link
Chen, Y-L., Fan, S-Z., Abbod, M. and Shieh, J-S. (2020) 'Applying CLDNN to Time-Frequency Image of EEG Signals to Predict Depth of Anesthesia'. International Journal of Bioscience, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics. ISSN: 2010-3638 Open Access Link