Professor Mizi Fan
Howell Building 245
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266466
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Chair, Board of Examiners, Civil Engineering
- Head/Director of Research, Department of Civil Engineering
- Fellow, the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
- Coordinator of complex EU projects
- Principal Scientist at Building Research Establishment, UK (Associate);
- Appointed (by the UK Foundation of Science and Technology) UK representative(s) for the Committee of European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technological Research.
- Editorial Board member for the International Journals: Construction and Technology; Indoor and Built Environment; Nature Science
- External (Expert) Evaluator for R&D for EU FP5, FP6 and FP7 Framework Programme for the European Commission
- External (Expert) Evaluator for Greek Ministry of Education for R&D programme.
Newest selected publications
Awad, S., Zhou, Y., Katsou, E., Li, Y. and Fan, M. (2021) 'A Critical Review on Date Palm Tree (Phoenix dactylifera L.) Fibres and Their Uses in Bio-composites'. Waste and Biomass Valorization, 12 (6). pp. 2853 - 2887. ISSN: 1877-2641
Yin, H., Zheng, P., Zhang, E., Rao, J., Lin, Q., Fan, M., (2020) 'Improved wet shear strength in eco-friendly starch-cellulosic adhesives for woody composites'. Carbohydrate Polymers, 250. pp. 116884 - 116884. ISSN: 0144-8617et al.
Wang, Y., Zhou, Y., Lin, L., Corker, J. and Fan, M. (2020) 'Overview of 3D additive manufacturing (AM) and corresponding AM composites'. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 139. pp. 106114 - 106114. ISSN: 1359-835X
Sivanathan, A., Dou, Q., Wang, Y., Li, Y., Corker, J., Zhou, Y. and (2020) 'Phase change materials for building construction: An overview of nano-/micro-encapsulation'. Nanotechnology Reviews, 9 (1). pp. 896 - 921. ISSN: 2191-9089 Open Access Linket al.
Maichin, P., Suwan, T., Jitsangiam, P., Chindaprasirt, P. and Fan, M. (2020) 'Effect of self-treatment process on properties of natural fiber-reinforced geopolymer composites'. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 35 (10). pp. 1120 - 1128. ISSN: 1042-6914