Professor Mizi Fan
Howell Building 245
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266466
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Institute of Energy Futures
- Resource Efficient Future Cities
- Chair, Board of Examiners, Civil Engineering
- Head/Director of Research, Department of Civil Engineering
- Fellow, the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
- Coordinator of complex EU projects
- Principal Scientist at Building Research Establishment, UK (Associate);
- Appointed (by the UK Foundation of Science and Technology) UK representative(s) for the Committee of European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technological Research.
- Editorial Board member for the International Journals: Construction and Technology; Indoor and Built Environment; Nature Science
- External (Expert) Evaluator for R&D for EU FP5, FP6 and FP7 Framework Programme for the European Commission
- External (Expert) Evaluator for Greek Ministry of Education for R&D programme.
Newest selected publications
Fan, M. (2017) 'Anchorage mechanisms of novel geometrical hooked-end steel fibres'. Materials and Structures, 50 (2). ISSN: 1359-5997 Open Access Link
Madyan, OA., Fan, M. and Huang, Z. (2017) 'Functional clay aerogel composites through hydrophobic modification and architecture of layered clays'. APPLIED CLAY SCIENCE, 141. pp. 64 - 71. ISSN: 0169-1317
Abdallah, S., Fan, M. and Rees, DWA. (2017) 'Effect of elevated temperature on pull-out behaviour of 4DH/5DH hooked end steel fibres'. Composite Structures, 165. pp. 180 - 191. ISSN: 0263-8223 Open Access Link
Zhou, Y., Fan, M. and Lin, L. (2017) 'Investigation of bulk and in situ mechanical properties of coupling agents treated wood plastic composites'. Polymer Testing, 58. pp. 292 - 299. ISSN: 0142-9418 Open Access Link
Fan, M. (2017) 'Future scope and intelligence of natural fibre based construction composites', inAdvanced High Strength Natural Fibre Composites in Construction. Elsevier. pp. 545 - 556. ISBN 13: 9780081004111.