Professor Mizi Fan
Howell Building 245
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)1895 266466
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences
- Institute of Energy Futures
- Resource Efficient Future Cities
- Chair, Board of Examiners, Civil Engineering
- Head/Director of Research, Department of Civil Engineering
- Fellow, the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
- Coordinator of complex EU projects
- Principal Scientist at Building Research Establishment, UK (Associate);
- Appointed (by the UK Foundation of Science and Technology) UK representative(s) for the Committee of European Cooperation in the Field of Scientific and Technological Research.
- Editorial Board member for the International Journals: Construction and Technology; Indoor and Built Environment; Nature Science
- External (Expert) Evaluator for R&D for EU FP5, FP6 and FP7 Framework Programme for the European Commission
- External (Expert) Evaluator for Greek Ministry of Education for R&D programme.
Newest selected publications
Yin, H., Zheng, P., Zhang, E., Rao, J., Lin, Q., Fan, M., (2020) 'Improved wet shear strength in eco-friendly starch-cellulosic adhesives for woody composites'. Carbohydrate Polymers, 250. pp. 116884 - 116884. ISSN: 0144-8617et al.
Wang, Y., Zhou, Y., Lin, L., Corker, J. and Fan, M. (2020) 'Overview of 3D additive manufacturing (AM) and corresponding AM composites'. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 139. pp. 106114 - 106114. ISSN: 1359-835X
Maichin, P., Suwan, T., Jitsangiam, P., Chindaprasirt, P. and Fan, M. (2020) 'Effect of self-treatment process on properties of natural fiber-reinforced geopolymer composites'. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 35 (10). pp. 1120 - 1128. ISSN: 1042-6914
Wang, D., Lin, L., Fu, F. and Fan, M. (2020) 'Fracture mechanisms of softwood under longitudinal tensile load at the cell wall scale'. Holzforschung, 74 (7). pp. 715 - 724. ISSN: 0018-3830
Li, ZL., Zhou, YL., Yan, W., Luo, L., Su, ZZ., Fan, MZ., (2020)
'Cost-Effective Monolithic Hierarchical Carbon Cryogels with Nitrogen Doping and High-Performance Mechanical Properties for CO