In order to register at Brunel University London as a Tier 4 student, you must present the following documents:
1. A valid Tier 4 (General) student visa which covers the whole duration of the course
AND which shows Brunel University London's Sponsor Licence Number (SLN)
AND which was issued for the course you are registering on.
The visa may be a paper vignette in your passport called Entry Clearance and/or a plastic card called a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). You will receive a BRP if you make your Tier 4 application in the UK or if your visa is issued to cover a course that is more than six months long (please see section below).
2. An ORIGINAL letter or email from UKVI which proves they have received your leave to remain application for a Tier 4 visa to study at Brunel University.
3. An ORIGINAL letter or email from UKVI which invites you to attend a biometrics appointment, as part of your application for a Tier 4 visa to study at Brunel University.
4. An ORIGINAL letter or email from UKVI which confirms your Tier 4 leave to remain application has been successful to study at Brunel University. The letter will also state that your BRP (which is the new visa) will be sent to you in the coming days.
5. If you have recently submitted an online Tier 4 application but have not yet had confirmation from UKVI that your supporting documents have been received, you must supply a copy of your application cover sheet.
Please be aware that if you present any of the documents described in options two – five above, you will be registering at your own risk. Should the visa application subsequently be refused, you may have to be de-registered and may lose monies already paid to the University. We will ask you to sign a disclaimer which confirms you accept this risk. Once you receive your new visa, or other UKVI decision, you must show it to the University as soon as possible.
If you already have a Tier 4 (General) student visa that was issued for another sponsor, or which does not cover the whole duration on your course at Brunel University, you will need to apply for a new Tier 4 visa using a CAS we have issued. Please also note that you will need to apply for a new Tier 4 visa if you move between courses at Brunel University London (for example, if you complete an undergraduate degree and then want to study a postgraduate degree). You will not be allowed to register with a Tier 4 visa that was issued either to study at another sponsor or for a previous course at Brunel University.