IMPHORAA: Implementation of photovoltaics through innovative mini-grid expansion model
The IMPHORAA project seeks to amplify the use of renewable nano-grids in the Philippines and Madagascar. This will help to support the income growth and the development of sustainable communities in both countries; contributing significantly to 2030 UN Sustainable Agenda Goals.
The key objectives of IMPHORAA are:
- The extension of services of a low‐cost nano-grid technology and business model.
- The development of a micro-entrepreneurship model for rural community members.
- Assessment of financing schemes and female-supporting best practice for direct implementation of our solution.
- Demonstration of the IMPHORAA model feasibility for investors interested for both regions.
- Data collection from the demonstrations and analysis of the life cycle, cost, environmental and social data relevant in order to establish critical assessments for the long-term use of the solution and calculate the real impact after full implementation.
- To collectively define the expansion strategy of the large scale implementation of the technologies.
- Equipping rural communities with tools and knowledge for easy-to-install, and maintain electricity, cooling and water pumping supply. These will be used to cover the community needs. Quality jobs will be created in this regard. A pre-payment model is also delivered to secure payments and payback for investors.
- Boosting local nano-grid with cooling and water pumping will directly enable micro-entrepreneurs, will provide food security and speed recovery after catastrophic events (floods/typhoons/tsunamis/earthquakes), which are frequent in the market in focus.
- Innovation is achieved by integrating tested technologies in an already viable and successful system, while also developing the business model that will help unlock finance and wider deployment at scale in the under-served market segment of Philippines. Madagascar will also benefit from our innovation as a secondary market.
Brunel Composites Centre's (BCC) Role
BCC will be actively involved in the following tasks:
- Setting up the Imphoraa specifications
- Nano-grid simulations
- Imphoraa demonstration at Madagascar and Philippines
TECHNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS LTD. (Lead)
Quauntum Leap JMB Mktg Inc.
Brunel University London
Meet the Principal Investigator(s) for the project
Related Research Group(s)
Brunel Composites Centre - Shared research and technology capabilities, specialising in novel composites processing and joining technologies applied to industrial environments.
Brunel Innovation Centre - A world-class research and technology centre that sits between the knowledge base and industry.
Partnering with confidence
Organisations interested in our research can partner with us with confidence backed by an external and independent benchmark: The Knowledge Exchange Framework. Read more.
Project last modified 13/12/2021