- Global diversity management
- Comparative employment relations
- Social and organisational change
- Discrimination at work
- International perspectives on equality at work
- Intersecting inequalities at work
- Academic labour process
My research interests focuses on equality, diversity and inclusion at work from international and comparative perspectives, drawing mainly on sociology theory. In particular, I am interested in engaged scholarship that can support the development of theory and practices that promote equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights across public, private and voluntary sector organisations in Britain and internationally. I have published in journals such as Academy of Management Review, Human Resource Management, Journal of Vocational Behaviour and Human Relations, and have published or edited 15 books and numerous special issues.