ID Documents for students living in the EU
As a part of your DBS application your identity needs to be confirmed. In order to do this you need to provide original identity documentation (photocopies are not accepted) to the Professional verifier in your home country, more information can be found below. If you are living in the UK, please refer to the Home students DBS criteria.
What documents do you need to provide?
You must provide 3 documents:
1 document from Group 1 and 2 further documents from Group 1, 2a or 2b, one of which must confirm your current address.
Document Group 1 Primary Trusted Identity Documents
- A current valid passport (any nationality)
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- Current photocard driving licence - EEA Country (full or Provisional)
Document Group 2A Trusted Government/State issued documents
We cannot accept any documents from this section for EU applicants.
Document Group 2B Financial/Social History documents
The following documents must be less than 3 months old:
- Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA) (Non-EEA statements cannot be accepted)*
- Bank / Building Society Statement (UK, Channel Islands or EEA) (Non-EEA statements cannot be accepted)*
The following documents must still be valid:
- EEA National ID card
- Immigration document, visa or work permit
Please note applicants not from EEA countries will be subject to further 'right to work' checks as evidenced by the ID documents they are asked to submit for the DBS application, this is inline with current Government guidelines.
If you are unable to provide sufficient documentation from the list, please contact the Admissions Office on 01895 265265 or email DBS@brunel.ac.uk
Updated 25 March 2019