Dr Alireza Mousavi
Reader, Dept Director for Research
- Applied Control
- Systems Engineering
- Computing and Software Engineering
Funder: European Commission Directorate-General for Research and Innovation
Duration: October 2017 - July 2021
H2020-Factories of the Future programme
Funder: European Commission
Duration: October 2016 - September 2020
In this project Brunel will offer event-based adaptive control and optimisation solution to minimise defect in the discrete automated manufacturing process. The machines and the robots will adapt to the variations in material, customer requirements and overall environmental conditions with the purpose to reduce production defect to a minimum and eventually to zero.
Research project(s) and grant(s)
· Real-Time Systems encompassing Data Acquisition, Sensitivity Analysis, and Systems Modelling. We are engaged with collaborators in the Aerospace and Aviation (Flight Data Analysis, Scenario Analysis, Fault Diagnostics, and Predictive Maintenance), Automotive (Control and Optimisation of Fuel Injection Systems, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Electronic Control Units (ECU), Electronic Braking Systems industries. Further applications in real-time performance monitoring and optimisation of Power Plants and Factory Performance Optimisation. (see Publications and Activities)
· Systems Modelling and Simulation: Application of discrete event modelling and simulation for measuring and optimisation of plant/shopfloor performance optimisation. Measurement of key performance indicators in industrial systems including manufacturing, health care, retail, logistics, and service industry. Linking internal resource performance with external and environmental factors (secondary models) such as customer satisfaction, environmental impact and complex socio-economics factors.
· Mathematical Modelling and Computing: Application of Physical (in forms of Transfer Functions), analytical, stochastic and heuristic modelling in describing and controlling complex systems and presenting them in the form of software tools.
For more information: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/~emstaam/
- Dr Susan Grant
- Dr Ryszard Rakowski
- Professor Maozhen Li
- Dr Tatiana Kalganova
- Professor Hamed Al-Raweshidy
- Professor Gareth Taylor
- Dr Sandra Naylor
- Visualise network